Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Pillow Talk Part II: Sew Fun


Since the sewing machine was already out, I felt like I was finally ready to sever the relationship with the yarn pillows I had started making and make them out of this great fabric my parents bought me instead. That homespun yarn truly does remind me of the boyfriend you dumped and then went back out with a couple months later with second thoughts and sentimental musing thrumming on your heart, only to find yourself dumping him again a couple weeks after that when you realized that, nope, the original dumping wasn't a mistake after all.


I sewed up two of these seat pads for two wicker chairs using this brown zebra print. It's hard to see the true colors but it's a beautiful cream and brown. I'm not a big fan of black and white zebra print. I completely messed up the first pad, but I'm sure no one will notice. I think I did a better job on the second one probably because of my father's impromptu measuring help when he stopped by today.

Then I made two covers for the pillows I was going to crochet. 


This fabric has a lot of rich gold, red, and brown.

 

I have very limited sewing experience, so let's just say that there was a lot of tongue biting and cursing that went along with what should have been a pretty basic exercise. I'm just happy it's done, and now I'll be putting my sewing machine away for awhile.

2 comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Generic License.