Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Crochet Hook Roll


Maybe I feel a little guilty about neglecting my crochet hooks, because I decided to make a Crochet Hook Roll to keep them organized. I followed this great tutorial.


It took quite some time before I got around to making this. I purchased a couple fat quarters from the craft store about three months ago (my husband helped me pick out the patterns/ ribbon). I got the interfacing around a month after that. I measured and cut the fabrics over three weeks ago. I was starting to feel like this project was never going to be completed.


Part of the delay was, ahem, a baby named C. There was no way I could concentrate on understanding the pattern (something I struggle with even under perfect learning conditions) with him crawling about. I needed a sizable chunk of uninterrupted time.


Eventually the heavens opened and the sound of angels' trumpets could be heard: I was gifted with a 2 1/2 hour nap, and I actually had the drive to make this once and for all. Although truth be told, I didn't do any pressing where the pattern called for it. This was partly because I didn't want to wake the baby upstairs, and mostly because I was too lazy to do it.


Even with all my delays (I thought I was going to have to throw in the towel in the middle of it when my bobbin ran out and I couldn't fill a new one), this turned out to be an easy and very satisfying little sewing project. I feel so organized having all my hooks in the same place. Now I just have to think about how to organize my growing knitting needle collection.

1 comment:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Generic License.