Saturday, September 3, 2011


Unfortunately I have not been MIA due to a fabulous tropical vacation, or even--God forbid--because of the rare earthquake, hurricane, and tornadoes my region has experienced as of late.

Nope. It's only because of running out of yarn with only about 10 inches left on the border of my basket weave throw. Don't you hate it when that happens? You're almost to the end of a project and then your momentum totally stalls. Truthfully, I still have not made it to the craft store to pick up more yarn. Hopefully sometime this week...

Anyway, I'm calling this blanket 99% finished.

It wound up being about as long as me-around 63"- and about as wide as a twin bed. (You didn't really expect me to measure it, did you?) I used the same ribbed border technique that I discovered from the Crochet Shrug I made earlier this summer. The blanket part is very thick, heavy, and extremely warm. The border definitely has a different weight to it, but it doesn't bother me too much. If I was making it again, that's something I would consider changing; it's the right look I was going for, but it doesn't have the same heft as the rest of the throw.

Now that we are getting ready to move into autumn, I know this blanket will start getting a lot more use. I'm also happy to be checking one more blanket off my WIP list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Generic License.