Sunday, September 11, 2011

Not My Knits: Simple Baby Blanket


Here is the lovely baby blanket I received from an old coworker. It matches the baby kimono sweaters I posted about a few months ago.


It's a simple little pattern--just knits and purls. But the texture it creates along with the stripes is very pleasing to the eye.


It's a good reminder that "simple" usually wins out when it comes to design.

***
In personal WIP news:
I've put blankets on the back burner temporarily while I knit an Anthropologie-inspired Scarf for myself. I have been making progress but it's slow-going. My craft mojo is still a little sluggish lately. I also can't help other knitting distractions from creeping in: I'm starting to get a wicked fair isle obsession, and the thought of that is kind of terrifying! I'm not sure if I could tackle something like that right now. We'll have to see if it passes or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Generic License.