Monday, August 15, 2011

It's Not a Blanket


I decided to take a little blanket break and finish up the Oh, Handsome sweater I started for Little C.  a couple of months ago.


This was the leftover Cascade Superwash I had from his hooded sweater vest. Back in March I impulsively started knitting a yoked Shalom cardigan for myself with the extra yarn.


Then I realized I had made it way too big, and the gauge was totally wrong. I was just excited to be knitting something, I guess. I decided not to make it after all and pulled it all out.


And I'm really happy I did, because I love how the Oh, Handsome sweater turned out. It's much better than the one I made last year for a number of reasons: 1. I have a year's more experience; 2. I used a higher quality yarn; 3. I did not run out of yarn on the collar this time.


I think it might even be my favorite thing I've ever knit so far. It turned out almost perfectly.


The part that isn't perfect? The sleeves are a good inch too long. I'm a little relieved about it though, because C. has long arms to start with and if he has another growth spurt this year, he'll still be able to wear this all winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Generic License.