Thursday, April 15, 2010

...Try, Try Again

I was excited to see some evidence of sunshine yesterday morning as I crawled out of bed extra early to get the little man. I spied the sun through the bathroom window, starting to make its way up into the sky, as Little C yelled at me to ‘HURRY up already and PICK ME UP!’

Maybe it’s because of the extra hour I accrued in the morning, or because of the motivating sunshine, but I was determined to put the finishing touches (weaving in ends, sewing up holes) on Little C’s Boardwalk Sweater.


The split hem wound up being pretty easy to do. It’s funny how I can complicate things! I just had to separate the stitches from working in the round. I decided to just wing it when it came to the tassles, and they’re fine the way they are. I knitted a long rectangle shape for the hood, folded it in half (inside out) and used my crochet hook to knit a seam. Then I turned it right side out and attached it to the sweater collar also with my hook.


I'm happy with how it turned out, and I put it on my little guy right away. As I pushed the stroller ahead of me on our walk yesterday, I could feel the warmth of the sun on my face, and feel a cool breeze now and then as the wind blew through the trees. I maybe closed my eyes for just a second and imagined us walking the boards with the ocean next to us. Little C must have been pretty pleased with his sweater too because he was comfortable enough in it to take a snooze.


Until I get down to the actual, authentic boardwalk, I’ll take these walks in the sunshine any day.

1 comment:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Generic License.