Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tying Up Loose Ends


This is C's Big Boy Blanket that finally got finished after 3 years. I thought that I'd better get it done to coincide with his move to his big boy room.


My husband and I were unduly worried about this move, but C. completely surprised us and didn't even bat an eye. He made the transition easily and without any tears. We were shocked and very proud of him.


I think spending time in the space beforehand, and seeing all of us (my husband, me, his grandparents) working on the room made him excited to switch rooms. Plus, we emphasized what a big boy he was, and that the nursery was for a "baby."


As he got ready for his big change, I finally bound off and wove in some more ends on this blanket (which is made up of single, double, and half double crochets).

I'm happy it's done and I do like the colors/ feel of the blanket, but it's not my favorite thing I've ever made. I started this before I knew a lot about yarn, hook sizes, etc. So, my gauge changed a lot about two years ago, and that's a little odd. Also the yarn I used (Naturally Caron Country) was maybe not the best choice for a blanket.  I've learned a lot since I started. Still, I have a feeling it will be snuggled and loved by C. and so that makes it perfect in my eyes.

1 comment:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Generic License.