Saturday, May 14, 2011

Not My Knits: Blue Zig Zag Blanket


Here is the other zig zag blanket made by my grandmother. Again, all parents know that you can't make a special gift for one child without making one for the other one, or two, or three. My grandmother also adhered to this Even Steven Rule with my sister and me. This blue zig zag blanket was the pair to my pink one, and it spent its time at the foot of my sister's bed.


Just like the Pink Orchard sweater theory for my nieces, my grandmother used the exact same pattern (even down to the variegated yarn as the third color) for both of us.


I know I will be making a zig zag blanket at some point too. Come to think of it, it's not a bad way to use up stash yarn either. Here's some zig zag Flickr inspiration that I've been looking at lately.

But before I get carried away with starting yet another project, I really need to finish the stuff I'm already working on. I am so close to finishing a few things; I really need to buckle down, focus, and complete them already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Generic License.